It's summer and that means it's time for pool parties! Planning a pool party for your teenager and his/her friends doesn't have to be difficult. Here are five things to plan for and consider when planning a teen pool party:
1. Size of the pool and theme: The size of your swimming pool will determine a few things such as the number of people who can attend the party and how many decorations you'll need. The types of decorations you need have to do with the theme you decide to go with. Some of the themes you can consider include Caribbean, Survivor and Mexican beaches.
2. Play list: You can't have a pool party without a rocking music playlist! Always plan to have more music than the time you listed on your party invites. For example, if the party is from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. which is two hours, create a playlist that will run for three hours. Have your birthday teen suggest songs for the playlist and do your research as well.
3. Place for presents: People bring gifts for individuals celebrating birthdays. It's what they do. Be sure to have a place for the presents such as a table near the entrance to the pool. It doesn't have to be very big since presents can range in different sizes from Glowing Rings to new shoes to gift cards.
4. Pool toys: Providing toys as a form of entertainment will help everyone at the pool party have fun. You don't have to drop a ton of money to get the toys you want. There's a good chance that you have family or friends in the area have pool toys you can borrow. Here's a list of pool toys you'll love.
5. Finger foods and drinks: Teens are usually hungry. Actually, teens are always hungry. Similar to adding more songs to the playlist than you think you need, plan for a little more food and drink than you think is needed. To complete the theme, choose foods that go with the theme like making street tacos if the theme chosen is Mexican beaches. Here's a list of easy finger foods for your pool party.
Let us know how your pool party went in the comments below!
Glowing Rings are the affordable, lightweight, perfect glow-in-the-dark rings you need. Glowing Rings are perfect for any occasion such as weddings, birthdays and even everyday wear.